Pages

About Me

My photo
Brunswick , Georgia, United States
I am a child of God, a wife and mother. I have been truly blessed with a wonderful and loving family; they made me who I am today. I have meet some great friends over the past few years, and without them, I wouldn't have made it though some of the hardest times in my life. I decided to start this blog because there are so many things that I want to share with those that I love. From the smiles that I get from my beautiful children each morning, to times where I can't seem to get out of bed. Enjoy!

Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Together We Will Rise

My heart aches for those who are still trying to piece their lives back together after hurricane Matthew. We watched the Caribbean get ripped to shreds earlier in the week and continued to watch as the news tallies the bodies of those that were lost.

It is so incredibly hard to process the last 4 days for my family, but I can't begin to imagine the past week for others. Others who lost loved ones, others who have lost their homes, others who have lost EVERYTHING.

I'm writing this after peeling my eyes from social media posts about local friends and family from the US. I'm writing this sitting in my home, with my family, on my computer that has internet. My computer has internet and there are MANY people who don't know if they will have a home to go home to. I am so incredibly thankful for this opportunity to be in my home with my precious family, and I pray constantly for those of you who are still without.

These past four days have been a whirl-wind and still nothing compared to what some are continuing to go through. I share our story because it is one of complete gratitude and thankfulness.

During the evacuation, my CIRCUS of 6 (Plus 2 Furbabies) followed close friends to their family's farm. Our weekend was filled with memories for our family. The children picked cotton, went of nature walks, jumped on hay bales, talked to cows and even jumped in the pool after dinner (mainly because we're ROCK-STAR moms who didn't want to give 6 baths). We spent the storm with precious friends and their parents who opened their home and allowed us a place to sleep, eat and emotionally and mentally rest, The last night of our hurricane party was spent at another gracious friend's house while they were out of town. -  To my friends who loved on us and supported us, thank you for doing "life' together.

 I am so incredibly grateful for the generosity and hospitality shown to my family over the past four days. There are so many ways that we have felt loved and cared for. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our time away.

I am also grateful for the all the emergency management professionals who are working nonstop to restore our community and the ones affected, some areas are not so lucky to have emergency support so quickly. I pray for their families as they eagerly wait for them to return home safely.

 I would like to say thank you for everyone who stepped in to support my community and those in others who needed a place to land. Thank you to employees of the grocery stores and local restaurants who opened to help get everyone back on their feet. We couldn't do this without you.

Please remember those who are still in need and please help where you can. Continue to pray for those who are waiting to hear from loved ones and those who have lost them. We are all in this together and TOGETHER WE WILL RISE.









No comments:

Post a Comment