Pages

About Me

My photo
Brunswick , Georgia, United States
I am a child of God, a wife and mother. I have been truly blessed with a wonderful and loving family; they made me who I am today. I have meet some great friends over the past few years, and without them, I wouldn't have made it though some of the hardest times in my life. I decided to start this blog because there are so many things that I want to share with those that I love. From the smiles that I get from my beautiful children each morning, to times where I can't seem to get out of bed. Enjoy!

Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Raise the Roof and Praise His Plans!

It has taken me a few weeks to process exactly what God is doing in my life. Actually, I still haven't completely processed it, but I REALLY wanted to share with my people.

A little over a year ago, I was introduced to an organization called Raise the Roof Academy through my church. This organization, through the support of sponsors, provides a free education to children from the most remote communities in Uganda. These children are given a chance to receive an education in spite of the poverty and social pressures that would typically prevent them from having such an opportunity. Through this organization, we met and welcomed Tony to the Smith clan through sponsorship. Tony is a sweet little boy who is excited for school and holding high hopes of being a doctor one day. We have spent the last year praying, sending and receiving letters and photos, often wondering what it was truly like for him and his family. Twice, I added the Africa trip to my calendar in hopes of meeting Tony during the summer with the Raise the Roof team.

After two summers of attempting to travel to meet Tony with the Raise the Roof team, I had given up the dream of going.  I used every excuse under the sun about why it wasn't going to work. The timing was bad, I was still in grad school, it's too far... the list goes on and on. I had accepted that Tony would still get the education he deserved and I would continue praying for the teams that went each year.

Well, a few weeks ago, an opportunity surfaced! Y'all, I'M GOING TO UGANDA! Yes, I'm going to go meet that sweet little boy and his family! After two summers of saying "no" and believing that this wasn't in "the plan," God began revealing HIS plan. I can't believe how it happened, I can't believe that it IS happening, I'm just so utterly and completely grateful for the opportunity that it makes me weepy.

These past few weeks have been full of crazy schedules and commitments and pure joy at the same time. I am so excited to share this opportunity with you all. I know that I will have many more things to share in the coming weeks! The team, organization, myself and the children at Raise the Roof Academy covet your prayers. 

If you are interested in learning more about this organization and sponsorship, I've attached the link here.
Also, if you would like to participate in the Gift A Gallon drive, please let me know! I've attached more information below! You pack the bag and I will deliver it!




No comments:

Post a Comment