Pages

About Me

My photo
Brunswick , Georgia, United States
I am a child of God, a wife and mother. I have been truly blessed with a wonderful and loving family; they made me who I am today. I have meet some great friends over the past few years, and without them, I wouldn't have made it though some of the hardest times in my life. I decided to start this blog because there are so many things that I want to share with those that I love. From the smiles that I get from my beautiful children each morning, to times where I can't seem to get out of bed. Enjoy!

Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Addison's 4th Birthday Party

So, in one of my previous posts I mentioned Addison turning four and how incredibly difficult it was to watch her grow up in front of my eyes. Today, I am celebrating the good. I wanted to share a little of her birthday party with all.
A few months ago, I asked her what "theme" did she want her party to be. She gave me her normal response..."Fairies and Princesses!"  Yeah, I have that girl ;-) I began explaining that this party was going to be for family and friends, not just girls and that we needed to come up with an idea for everyone to enjoy. C'mon, who doesn't want to dance around in tutus and tiaras?  So after about 15 seconds she pops up with a brilliant idea... "I want a Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat party!"  BINGO! This was perfect, I knew pinterest had TONS of ideas, this was going to be the best party EVER! So in the midst of wedding planning (not mine, my little sisters,) finishing the school year and everything else that was happening, I started planning for the best Dr. Seuss party ever. My pinterest boards started expanding with ideas and pictures of food, gifts and games. I just knew that this was going to rock everyone's socks off. So, after finding tons of ideas, I knew I needed to start at square one...where is this party going to be? Hmmmm, we live in Brunswick, and EVERYONE we know lives almost two hours away. We couldn't expect them all to drive down here, so I started looking for places to throw a party. June in south Georgia is tough, rain proof and air conditioning was a MUST! After striking out with many locations, family reminded me of B's family reunion center right in the middle of where everyone lived. PERFECTION. The problem, I hadn't seen this place. I had no clue what to plan for, how many tables I would have or any of the necessities that is needed while planning a party.
I used this lack of knowledge of the center to go crazy and make and complete many of the Pinterest ideas I had saved. After a complete week of making and crafting, and cleaning up the total disaster of a house, we packed up and headed to Bulloch County.



Traveling with a car loaded birthday party with two young children is tough to pack for, but we did it! 

After arriving at the center and looking at bare, white walls, we began "Operation Seuss" I could never have finished this without the help of my wonderful mother-in-love who took so many things off my hands that day. My sister was a tremendous help with decorations and someone to laugh with. I wouldn't have any way to share this magical day if it weren't for my sister-in-love who took all of the photos. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Please remember that many of these ideas were found on Pinterest, not all were my own ideas. If you like it, why not use it?

Framed invitation for party

Birthday Girl when she saw the decorations

All tables had Dr. Seuss books to read

"Who Food"

These were GONE in seconds!

What kid doesn't want marshmallows and sugar on a sick?

Seuss Cakes

Seuss Nugget

...and this is how he spent most of the party. Shhhh...

Silly Straws Rock!

Make a wish!

Awesome idea found on Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment